Stolen iPad information
Stolen-iPad.com is here to help! We are dedicated to reunite people with their stolen iPad's with the Stolen Lost Found Online stolen iPad database. We strive to provide the most current information regarding stolen iPad's, device tracking and iPad theft prevention tips.
General steps to follow for a Stolen iPad
If you have experienced iPad theft, being pro-active as soon as the theft is discovered is of the essence. Here are some basic steps to follow:
- Attempt to track the stolen iPad if device tracking software was installed.
- File an official stolen iPad police report. This will be required by insurance companies for compensation and helps police control theft by using the theft data.
- Report the stolen iPad online.
- Create a Craigslist posting of the iPad theft. This is because many thieves attempt to sell stolen merchandise quickly on forums such as Craigslist.
- Post flyers around the area the iPad was stolen.
Why report a stolen iPad online?
An online stolen iPad report is essential because it's the only way alert the world of the iPad instantly. A police report goes on to a private police intranet database, not to be accessed by the public. Apple also stores the stolen iPad information on a private database and tracking software only works if the iPad power is on, however, if the stolen iPad is wiped and restored to factory default, tracking will become unavailable. An online report is essential to spread public awareness of both the theft and of this free service that is available to help people in their time of need.
Stolen iPad report on the search engines
Once a stolen iPad report is posted, it gets indexed almost immediately and will appear on Google and other major search engines within a day, so if the serial number is searched, the stolen iPad report will appear as number one on the results page, greatly increasing chances of recovery, long into the future.